Subject: New routed(8)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1996 18:38:41
Folks...

I've just committed Vernon Schryver's <vjs@sgi.com> new routed(8)
implementation, which understands RIPv1, RIPv2, and ICMP Router
Discovery.

The new routed(8) has some pretty spiffy new features, so you'll want to
be sure to read the manual page.

A couple of people have asked, so I'll reiterate, yes it is possible to
disable RIP if you just want Router Discovery.  The flags I pass routed
in the systems in my lab at work:

	routed -P "no_rip"

You may also place configuration information into a file; see the manual
page for details.

BTW, many thanks to Vernon and any other folks at Silicon Graphics who
were involved in implementing this new routed(8) program, and for making
the source code available to the network community!

Jason R. Thorpe
NetBSD Core Group
<thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>