Subject: Re: Tyan TomCat Adaptec 2940 SCSI
To: Al Urbaitis <aurbaiti@servecom.picker.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1996 20:02:28
Al Urbaitis <aurbaiti@servecom.picker.com> writes:

> Some of the folks in netbsd-help suggested that the
> 2940 was never supported in NetBSD 1.1

Hmm...  I thoguht it was in 1.1.  However, it is possible that the newer
ID numbers were not accepted.  Do you have an Ultra or something?

> 1. Are the terms NetBSD1.2Beta and current interchageable

Well, not at this point, or at least not entirely.

current is an ever moving target.  1.2beta is a target which is moving
to a release point, and development efforts will then proceed only on
the current path, with bug fixes on 1.2 only.

--Michael