Subject: Re: PPP questions (ahem)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: James Graham <greywolf@siva.captech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/1996 08:20:54
Jukka Marin sez:

# I have two questions about PPP for those who know better:
#
# I want to replace getty with pppd.  What options do I have to specify to
# get login/passwd authentication (I don't want any fancy stuff, just that
# the client has to supply the same login name and password as in /etc/passwd).
# Does this work with win95 clients?  Is it the 'login' option that I want to
# use?  Does it need any secrets files?

I was thinking about using pppd instead of getty myself, but I discovered
that it was easier just to create PPP accounts and let them use
/usr/sbin/pppd as a login shell.

I set up work's portmaster to do dialback PPP and it worked like a charm.

[If there is anyone having difficulties getting a portmaster to do dialback
 PPP, let me know.]

				--*greywolf;