Subject: Re: Adduser command missing from 1.1 distribution (sun3 arch)
To: John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>
From: The Terminator rAT <rat@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/1996 11:41:22
John M Vinopal writes:
 > would anyone be interested in putting together a bundle of netbsd
 > sysadmin tools that AREN'T specifically supported?  one web page

I've been talking for a long time about doing a set of admin tools (both
GUI and PTUI driven) that would do exactly this sort of thing.  I am
thinking of something along the lines of HPUX's SAM, with some of the
AmigaDOS Installer ideas thrown in.

The incomplete list of Cool Features(TM) I want to implement includes :

	- add/delete/change users/groups/etc
	- add/remove hardware (i.e. disks, etc)
	- GUI disk label and partition software (ala AmigaDOS HDToolBox)
	- dotfile configuration
	- network and sendmail configuration
	- security tasks
	- backups
	- disk space usage
	- realtime GUI resource (disk,mem,net,etc) monitor

Maybe in the next few weeks I'll be able to find the time to think about
this some more.

But, to answer your question: Yes, there is interest in doing this work.

	-rAT

O----O rat@nas.nasa.gov / http://nosferatu.nas.nasa.gov/~rat/
 \oo/                                          _o.
==\/==         Vrooommm! .. .  .   .    .     O>=O