Subject: SMC EtherEZ ISA Cards
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1996 17:51:19
Is anyone using an ISA SMC EtherEZ card with 1.2_ALPHA? My 10base-T
model didn't probe properly under 1.1 (1.1 was trying to initialise
it with 16K of shared memory, but it has only 8K), so I dropped in
a 1.2_ALPHA kernel.  The 1.2_ALPHA kernel identifies the card
correctly (as an SMC8416T), but when I try to use it I get device
timeouts. The IRQ and shared memory address is set to what the
kernel says in its probe (0x300, irq 10, 0xcc00). A different
plugged into that same line works fine. Any thoughts?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.