Subject: Re: ccd and vnd together?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/1996 06:48:50
>> Why won't ccd and vnd work together?

> It's because vnd doesn't [support the disklabel ioctl suite].

I suppose then my question becomes, why does ccd care?  I certainly
can't see any excuse for it to be poking around with disk labels; it
seems to me it should do what it's told with a minimum of fuss.  Why
would anyone want a ccd or vnd to have anything to do with disklabels
anyway?  Again, I must be missing something; someone must have
deliberately made ccd care about disklabels, and I must confess I am
completely unable to understand why.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
		    01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D