Subject: Re: sys_errlist definition
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1996 14:16:10
>Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
>> Or is it taboo to just "#include <errno.h>" in stdio.h?  I think I'm
>> more comfortable with that than duplicating definitions in differenct
>> files....

>I am afraid that the ISO C standard forbids such things. When #including
>some (standard) header file, only the things that the Standard says are
>in it are allowed to be in it.

... except, of course, for other reserved namespace.  For instance,
EWOULDBLOCK may be in errno.h, even though ISO doesn't mention it.

I would personally very much like to see NetBSD acquire a strictly
conforming mode, where *no* symbols outside of implementation namespace
are declared by any header.  I got bitten a while back for naming an
external function "end".  :)

-s