Subject: Re: CVS & sup
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1996 18:05:01
der Mouse wrote:

> I don't remember if I asked this before, but I'd be interested in any
> scripts people were using with this combo.

Me too, me too... :)

> For example, I'd like to track my changes against part of the source that
> I sup (not all of /usr/src; I don't have that much disk space).

I would like to do something similar, but I'm not skilled enough with
CVS to know what process I should use.  I was thinking of doing something
like this:

	- initial import of entire source tree
	- 'checkout' entire source tree into /.../src
	- build full list of files in /.../src
	- sup into /.../src
	- build new list of files in /.../src
	- 'cvs remove' whatever is missing
	- 'cvs add' anything new
	- 'cvs commit' to bring new changes into local repository

This _seems_ like it would allow me to get the latest SUP changes into
CVS without having to do a 'cvs import' every single day.  I'm not sure
how to handle local changes this way though.

-Andrew