Subject: Re: disk block sizes != DEV_BSIZE?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: enami tsugutomo <enami@ba2.so-net.or.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/03/1996 20:52:09
   Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 21:14:34 -0400
   From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>

   Are any of the rest of you having problems with using disks with
   sectors sizes != DEV_BSIZE?  (Actually, what i'd like to do is use a
   disk with sector size == DEV_BSIZE, but with a disklabel sector size
   of something larger... anyway...)

There is some magneto optical disk with disk sectors other than
512bytes.  I doesn't try yet using it with NetBSD because I heard that
sector other than 512 bytes would cause problem, but if I can use it,
it would be nice because the media with 2048bytes/sec is cheaper than
512bytes/sec media when comparing per bit prices.

enami.