Subject: Re: sys_errlist definitioni
To: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1996 22:49:11
> > The problem with this is that NetBSD changed the location of the
> > errlist definition from its location in 4.4-Lite (and Lite-2)
> >
> > In Lite, it was in <stdio.h>, but it was moved to <errno.h> in NetBSD.
> > "stupid, stupid, stupid" especially since the "NetBSD API" which
> > had that definition in <stdio.h> had been around for a while.
>
> An API should be able to evolve.  Mistakes should be able to be
> rectified.

Is there any reason that we can't put the definition in *both* <stdio.h>
and <errno.h>? We can mark it with a nice little XXX in stdio.h explaining
how stupid this is and how we hate backward compatability....

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.