Subject: Re: config problem
To: NetBSD <netbsd@gate.ene.UnB.br>
From: Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1996 21:58:05
On Jun 26,  8:50pm, NetBSD wrote:
} Subject: config problem
} I had to end
} up wiring the disks also, like:
}
} scsibus0 at bt0
} scsibus1 at aha0
} sd0 at scsibus0 target ? lun ?
} sd1 at scsibus0 target ? lun ?
} sd2 at scsibus1 target ? lun ?

If I were you, I'd wire the target #'s as well.  Let's say that you're
mounting sd1a on /tmp and sd2a on /important_stuff_that_is_not_backed_up.
According to Murphy, one day you'll power up you machine and the disk
that was sd1 will be dead.  When all the devices are probed, the disk
that was sd2 will become sd1, it will be mounted on /tmp and your /tmp
cleaner-outer will delete all your irreplaceable data.  You can also
quickly destroy if you're using ccd, you don't have your disks wired,
and you add or subtract a disk.  At least disk partitions have associated
type information so that you can't destroy a filesystem by swapping on
the partition.
partitions have associated type information so you don't have to

			---  Truck