To: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1996 13:52:06
>   Has anyone else noticed that it takes forever for messages posted to
>the NetBSD lists takes forever to get out? It isn't unusual for me to
>see messages posted three or four days after they were written, including
>my own. Are there any plans to improve the list performance?

I've noticed this as well.  I don't know if the NetBSD mailing list
administrator has tried using "bulk_mailer" with majordomo; I found it
really reduced the time it took to send messages out on the list that I
administrate.  However, it also generates a whole bunch of messages being
delivered simultaneously, so if pain (the machine that runs the mailing lists)
is running out of memory, it may not be a good idea to use it.

If there is any interest in regional exploders, I would be willing to ask our
admin if we could host part of the list.

--Ken