Subject: sys_errlist definition
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1996 00:19:14

--1360147542-889376139-836291954=:9278

Now that sys_errlist is defined in errno.h, and defined correctly,
a lot of non-ANSI programs break slightly when compiled because
they also define it as just extern char * (without the const).
What's the easiest and simplist way to determine, in the general
case, whether one is running on a system that already has this
defined? I'm currently using a #ifdef __NetBSD__ around the code,
but I'd rather send back more general patches to the authors if I
can, since I'm fairly certain this change needs to be made for
FreeBSD and the like as well.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.

--1360147542-889376139-836291954=:9278--