Subject: Mirrors of www.netbsd.org wanted?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1996 16:40:58
Hi,

while I know that this is not the right mailing list, I thought it
would be the most apropriate one, as a lot of general stuff concerning
NetBSD is discussed here. Any pointers for a better forum are wellcome
(at least I didn't cross post into 10 or more mailing lists, as people
usually do :-).

I want to propose a change for the www-service that the NetBSD-project
is providing. I think it would be a good idea to have the www-pages
mirrored on other servers, so that people can access the nearest server
available. This idea is practised by the FreeBSD people and works
(AFAIK) quite well. I'd be willing to set up such a mirror site in
Germany, others might do so in other parts of the world.

What do you think about this idea?

  Guenther

P.S.: If you don't know what I am talking about, have a look at
http://www.freebsd.org and scroll down the first page to the bottom.