Subject: Re: aix7xxx driver in -current (Was: Re: aic7xxx_seq.h?)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1996 19:04:15

>BTW, I still get occasional lockups on booting.  Hitting the reset
>switch sometimes pulls it back into a working state, or the power
>switch.  It seems random, and happens no matter how I have things
>installed...  I even went down to just one SCSI drive, and it still
>happens.
>
>I can't believe it's a cabling issue.

Its not.  Its because one of your devices is refusing negotiation for
either sync or wide transfers and the driver is "missing" the rejection.
This is one of a few bug fixes that are in FreeBSD and have yet to be
brought into NetBSD.  Since FreeBSD's driver source is already "ported"
for NetBSD, it can be dropped in at any time.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations