Subject: Couple of things.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: I presume I need no introduction. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/1996 14:10:55
1.  I have two machines networked with each other via ethernet.  One of the
	machines talks PPP out a serial port to connect to the Interknot...um,
	internet.

	What do I need to do to enable both hosts to route packets out the
	PPP link?

	Machine A (ether, ppp) has the following routing table:

Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
default          otherendofppp      UG          2     6538      -  ppp0
localhost        localhost          UH          1      199      -  lo0
otherendofppp    thisendofppp       UH          1        0      -  ppp0
starwolf-net     link#1             UC          0        0      -  le0
machine-A        localhost          UGHS       14   603546      -  lo0
machine-B        8:0:20:2:d3:f6     UHL         5    24537      -  le0

	Machine B (ether only) has the following routing table:

Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
localhost        localhost          UH          1      338      -  lo0
thisendofppp     machine-A          UGHS        0       13      -  le0
starwolf-net     link#1             UC          0        0      -  le0
machine-A        8:0:20:d:60:67     UHL         8     3815      -  le0
machine-B        localhost          UGHS        1       44      -  lo0
starwolf-broadca link#1             UHL         1       30      -  le0

	No matter what I do, machine B can't see otherendofppp to save its
	life.

2.	I know I've been kind of silly on newsgroups thinking I know more
	than I do.  Please don't blow me off -- I'm neither abusive nor
	completely clueless.

				--*greywolf;
--
Organized Religion (OR g@ nizd  re LIJ @n) n.  A "morally aligned" elite
consisting of people who want to change everyone else's world to be like