Subject: Re: tty0?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: NetBSD <netbsd@gate.ene.UnB.br>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1996 15:19:38
Thanks for the replies, but that is exactly the point. We have some BSDi
boxes hanging around and setting the clocal flag on a port
keeps it set until you unset it, even after the port is closed, that is,
the state of the control flags is kept and not reset after every close.

Isn't that how things should be set up? What's the point of using stty on
a device other the the controlling terminal if as soon as the command is
finished everything comes back to its defaults?

Is this the reason of the ttyflags command? If it is, how does it
permanently changes the state of a serial port? It probably opens and
closes the port to issue the ioctl commands, right? Wouldn't that last
close reset things back to normal.

How does one redirect the output of some commands to the serial port? The
shell doesn't know anything about it (I presume) and blocks when trying
to open the device.

Could someone please comment on this?

Thanks