Subject: Re: pstat -t
To: Gordon W. Ross <>
From: matthew green <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/1996 12:36:11
   > From: matthew green <>
   > Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:34:27 +1000
   >    should pstat -t track the console?
   > as the console is a MD allocated thing, it is up to the relevant
   > console initialisation code to do the tty_attach() call.
   It seems to me that only "real" tty devices should be included.
   In the normal(?) case the console is merely a redirector to some
   other tty line, and is opened for input only in single-user mode.
   In that situation, ttystats for the console would always appear
   to be identical to whatever device the console points to, making
   it mostly useless.

the sparc currently has a 'struct tty' for the console.  while
probing the zs devices, it calls ttymalloc() if the tty is not
the console (ie, it doens't already have a struct tty).  thus,
if the console is on ttya, there really is no ttya at this point
of time -- it's the console.

if there is a port that does not allocated a tty specifically
for the console (no matter -what- it is attached to), then i
can see it not tracking it in pstat -t.