Subject: problems with -current hangs/panics
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/19/1996 21:10:17
I am getting at least a few times a day hangs and/or panics from a sup
current as of a couple of days ago.  It usually just hangs but every
once in a while it panics with a 'locking against myself'.  The panics
seem to come from the nullfs stuff called from namei().  The hangs are
what's driving me crazy - these seem to involve the disks also as
programs will keep right on running until they need to access the disk
at which point they'll hang.  I tried a patch to vfs_bio.c that was
posted here which was sort of effective for a few hours - but the
hangs came back.  Unfortunately when the system hangs I can't get the
thing into the debugger or I'd track it down.

I found the panics in the PR database - and I don't know if the two
symptoms are related.  Has anyone had a similar problem and/or found a
way to deal with this?

thanks,

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious