Subject: Re: Install NetBSD over the top of Linux
To: Ken Hornstein <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1996 15:43:28
According to Ken Hornstein:
>>Is there a way to boot my box on a NFS mounted NetBSD-rootfs and
>>to install then via NFS?(security considerations are no
>>big problem for me, at least as long only this machine is affected)
>I think you might be able to do an NFS-mount off of one of the install
>floppies ...

Just to add my voice, yes you do have enough to NFS mount from a
server, well, as long as your ethernet card is recognised ;-)  I did
this on a machine here at work just to show the NT worshipper how much
NT sucked.  Whacked in a boot floppy, configured up the network and
then just slurped it all across.  Fastest install I ever did :-)

> but if you can do that, why not just ftp the installation

Well, if you are tight for disk space then nothing beats just
extracting the files straight off the NFS partition...

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.