Subject: Re: problems with 1024 byte/sector disks?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1996 19:55:20
On Jun 13,  2:45pm, Greg A. Woods wrote:
} [ On Wed, June 12, 1996 at 08:38:59 (-0600), Michael L. Hitch wrote: ]
} >
} > I've
} > been keeping patches to scsi/sd.c and scsi/cd.c that should allow
} > the use of non-512 byte blocks for file access, but I never did try
} > to do anything about paging/swapping.
}
} Wait a minute.  Is this problem only with SCSI disks?

  The problem involves any kind of disk - I just have a change to the
SCSI sd and cd drivers to match the way the amiga handles the disk
label stuff.  [The change to sd.c just changes how bp->b_blkno is
used:  for raw devices, bp->b_blkno is used as a 512-byte block, while
for block devices (primarily ffs) bp-b_blkno is the actual physical
device block.  The other change in sd.c and the amiga label processing
was to have the p_offset and p_size specified in device blocks instead
of DEV_BSIZE blocks - I think this allowed newfs to correctly intialize
the filesystem.  It's been a while since I did this, and I have no way
to test or verify that any of it still works.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant