Subject: Re: LKM's and NetBSD kernels.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1996 20:06:48
[ On Mon, June 10, 1996 at 16:33:12 (-0700), Jason Thorpe wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: LKM's and NetBSD kernels.

I had been testing against the value of NetBSD (from <sys/param.h>) in
my #ifdefs, not NetBSD?_?.

> I'll let JT comment further on when the NetBSD1_2 symbol will change to 1.

Which reminds me.  How is a LKM supposed to check this?

I had assumed the current version symbol would be stored in a static
variable somewhere, but I find instead LKM_VERSION, which isn't related
at all (and in kern_lkm.c seems to be the only value passed to the
module for comparison on startup).

This kernel release management is still a bit primitive and very hairy!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods