Subject: Re: LKM's and NetBSD kernels.
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1996 11:59:33
On Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:48:54 -0400
 Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

 > You could always check the version number when the LKM is loaded.  For
 > example, the AFS LKM does this -- if the NetBSD version in the kernel doesn't
 > match up with the one in the LKM, it prints a message and refuses to load.

...except, I think Darren's referring to the if_name/if_unit -> if_xname
changes I made ... And I didn't bump any version numbers.  In retrospect,
I probably should have.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused...

One magic number you could check for is the size of struct
ifnet...though, it's too late for that now, obviously.

----save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/----