Subject: Re: Choosing the right PC-box.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@scofflaw.banyan.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/1996 22:42:59
In message <199606041524.IAA11741@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>, Jason Thorpe wrote:

-> ...I'd avoid the Quantum, and get Fujitsu drives.  I've had no end of
-> trouble with Quantums and Seagates, and I've _never_ had a problem with a
-> Fujitsu drive...'Course, this assumes getting SCSI...

	Acutally, I've had the opposite experience... I've had a lot of
	trouble with Fujitsu SCSI drives and no problems at all with the
	Quantums (and DEC-repackaged ones Dell used to put in their
	machines).  Seagate's have been fairly good, although I've had
	friends who complained esp. about the Sun-repackages ones (the
	drives ran really hot and sun put them in air-tight packaging).

Just another point-of-view...
--rafal