Subject: problems building libraries with current sup...
To: NetBSD Current Users List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason W. Fogt, WWC RCA <jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/1996 19:04:37
Before I move the machine from my dorm room (where I have good stable
access to the internet) to my office (where the access is at this point
non-existant, but coming soon..) I decided to get the complete source
tree and make everything.

I cd'ed to /usr/src/ and issued the command "make build."  Things seemed
to go fine until it got to making the libraries.  There the compiler
stops with the error:

cc -O -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS
-I/var/jwf/ksrc11/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRI
VATE -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT -Werror  -c
/var/jwf/ksrc11/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/err.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/var/jwf/ksrc11/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/err.c: In function `_err':
/var/jwf/ksrc11/usr/src/lib/libc/gen/err.c:73: warning: `volatile'
function does return
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here/ what needs to be fixed/ why this
won't compile ?  The code is all from sup.netbsd.org and ftp.netbsd.org
as of last night (3-4 June 1996).

Thanks for your help with this matter.

Jason W. Fogt

Jason W. Fogt             |"What then shall we say in response to this -  If
jwfogt@midway.uchicago.edu| God is for us, who can be against us ?" - Rom. 8:31