Subject: Re: domestic/lib/libtelnet problems
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/1996 11:59:10
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, John Kohl wrote:

> BS> I tracked the problem down to files mentioned in the make file being
> BS> missing from the source directory. It turns out they are in the
> BS> non-domestic directory. They are not present on the ftp server (in the
> BS> domestic hierarchy).
>
> That's proper.  There is a .PATH directive in the
> domestic/lib/libtelnet/Makefile which (on my system with my make)
> properly finds those .c/.h files in the international libtelnet
> directory.
>
> Maybe you have an old make or an old set of make macros (/usr/share/mk)?

You are correct. I think my problem is that this macro is within an
"#ifdef ENCRYPTION", which seems incorrect to me. ENCRYPTION doesn't seem
to get defined anywhere in the domestic hierarcy, nor is there a
"uncomment me to make it work" note. Also, this PATH probably shouldn't be
within the ifdef as the source won't compile otherwise. :-)

Take care,

Bill