Subject: Re: kerberos compile
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1996 11:47:29
On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, Ken Hornstein wrote:

[make complaining]

> >The only file named krb_err* is krb_err.et. To be honest, _I_ don't know
> >how to make a .c from an .et!
>
> You have to do a "make depend" first -- I don't quite know why there isn't
> a rule to go to .c from .et.  There probably should be.

My thanks to you and all the others who replied. Yes, that was the
problem. Though I think you're right; there should be a .c.et rule. It
seems make depend not only makes the depend files, but compiles the silly
program to make .c from .et files! Sounds like there sould be an extra
depend in the make file (or something) to say we need that program.

> --Ken

Bill