Subject: Re: What should stat("",&fs) return?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1996 19:56:58
>> So, ENOENT (rather than my initial guess, which would have been
>> EINVAL) is correct.
(correct according to POSIX, that is.)
> It looks like POSIX initially pandered to SysV when it was
> establishing its guidelines...

Yeah...I've never quite understood why so many people - at least on
these lists - seem to feel POSIX compliance is important but that
compatability with traditional BSD practice isn't.  Is it just because
BSD didn't care to push some standards body into rubber-stamping their
way of doing things?  (As far as I can tell that's all POSIX is.)

Or should I just try to get used to thinking of this OS as NetPOSIX
with a misleading name attached?

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

(Yeah, I'm feeling a bit cynical.  Okay, perhaps more than a bit.)