Subject: Re: ahc problems
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: James Michael Chacon <jmc@hedgehog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1996 10:20:26

>Using the latest ahc code, I get the following:
>
>	ahc0: board not responding
>	cmd fail
>	probe(ahc0:5:0): times out in message out phase, SCSISIGI == 0xf6
>	probe(ahc0:5:0): asserted ATN - device reset in message buffer
>
>This is after it has probed most of my devices.

Which type of ahc board is it? i.e. is it the 2940W or 2940UW card?

If it's a UW, turn off ultra clocking in SCSI Select if it's not already.
If it's either a W or UW, in SCSI Select go to the drive configuration
and tell it not to do wide negotiation for any non wide drives you've
got on the system.

Both of those were what hung up mine one day when I started testing
it to try and fail.

James