Subject: Re: something wrong with savecore/port-amiga?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1996 09:39:51
On May 30, 10:40am, is@beverly.rhein.de wrote:
} Thorsten Frueauf (frueauf@ira.uka.de) wrote:
} : When booting the system savecore gives the output
} :
} : savecore: /netbsd: kvm_dump_mkheader:
} :
} : Anyone sees this to or did I mess up something with libkvm?
}
} I've seen this, too...
}
} However, I'm not totally sure that I run synchronized userland and
} kernel, due to the -1-2 branching delays.

  That error message will occur if kvm_dump_mkheader() does not find a valid
dump header.  There are several checks in kvm_dump_mkheader() which will
return an error, but not provide error message text.

  I think this can occur if there is no current header in the dump partition.
This could be because no dump was written with the new header information,
a system configuration change caused the location of the header to change,
or if normal swapping has overwritten a previous dump.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant