Subject: Re: ypserv files pw_utils.c pw_copy.c missing
To: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1996 10:28:53
On Thu, 30 May 1996, CHAN Yiu Wah wrote:

>  > moj@stacken.kth.se wrote one in Sep 1994 and has been
>  > continually fixing and enhancing features on it since.
>  > The latest version I know of is ypserv-ALPHA-960121.tar.gz.
>  >
>  > I used the Sep version for over a year for simple passwd stuff,
>  > and the 960121 has been running fine for 2 months now. I can't
>  > say how well it would work when stressed heavily though since
>  > it is only used occasionally on this system, it does offer some
>  > nice features though which disable outside machines for getting
>  > my passwd file (before somebody silly tries it now ;-).
>  >
>  > You can find a copy in ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/ports/ypserv here and
>  > the latest stuff on ftp.stacken.kth.se/moj/ypserv.
>
> Hello,
>
> I just download the ypserv and found that there are some files missing
> in the libexec/rpc.yppasswdd (pw_utils.c pw_copy.c). Can anyone show the
> direction where can I get these missing files.  thanks.
>
> cheers.
>
> clarence
> clarence@cs.cuhk.hk

If I remember correct, I think I saw a message about passwd stuff moved to
libutil recently. Try to remove pw_utils.c and pw_copy.c from Makefile and
add reference to libutil. I havn't tested but this might work:

#       from: @(#)Makefile      5.8 (Berkeley) 7/28/90
#       $Id: Makefile,v 1.3 1995/06/10 22:43:40 moj Exp root $

PROG=   rpc.yppasswdd
SRCS=   rpc.yppasswdd.c yppasswdd_xdr.c yppasswdd_proc.c yppasswdd_mkpw.c
MAN=    rpc.yppasswdd.8
BINOWN= root
BINMODE=4555
BINDIR=/usr/sbin
.PATH:  ${.CURDIR}/../../usr.sbin/vipw ${.CURDIR}/../../usr.bin/chpass
MLINKS= rpc.yppasswdd.8 yppasswdd.8

DPADD+= ${LIBCRYPT} ${LIBUTIL}
LDADD+= -lcrypt -lutil

CFLAGS+=-I${.CURDIR}/../../usr.sbin/vipw -I${.CURDIR}/../../usr.bin/chpass -DDAEMON

.include <bsd.prog.mk>

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)