Subject: Re: workman 1.2.2a and Sony CDU76S-81
To: Jim Bachesta <bachesta@net-serve.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1996 23:11:56
>I just picked up a  Sony 4x SCSI CDROM from Egghead softare for $69.95.
>Seems like a great deal. I'm trying to get workman 1.2.2a to work with
>it. It seems to Read the Music CD data. I can certainly mount CD 9660 volumes.
>but under workman there's no audio. Has anyone had luck in getting this to
>work with NetBSD 1.1?

I just tried the workman binary I pulled off ftp.NetBSD.org a few
months ago (it says it's 1.2.2a) on a double-speed Sony 2x SCSI CD-ROM
drive I have (SCSI probe says: <SONY, CD-ROM CDU-55S, 1.0t>), and it
worked just great.  Was able to change the volume and balance out of
the earphone jack in the front using workman with no problems.

Don't have the rear audio connectors hooked up on this particular
CD-ROM drive.  But an identical drive in my NT machine plays just fine
with NT's CD player out both the front and rear audio connections.
Leading me to believe (maybe mistakenly), that if workman is working
out the front jack, it should also be working out the back.

Did you build workman yourself?  I assume you tried adjusting both the
volume in workman, and the volume wheel on the front of the drive? :-)

Incidentally, it was a workman binary built for 1.1, but I'm running
current (supped a few days ago).

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.