Subject: Re: ypserv?
To: None <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1996 14:32:06
On Wed, 29 May 1996 greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com wrote:
> Would Bill Paul's Version [TM] of YP/NIS be a better implementation in
> NetBSD than the one we have now?

I think so, but I'm probably biased.  I'm not sure what his long term
plans are, but he mentioned something about writing NIS+ support, so it
might not be a bad thing to track his sources.

I've got a Sparc thats running as a NIS client in my FreeBSD network and
it would be nice if NetBSD used the FreeBSD stuff so the YP/NIS stuff
could work in the 'homogeneous FreeBSD network' mode.  (Maintains the
getpwent() mechanism with YP/NIS so that only uid/euid 0 can get encrypted
passwords.)

Have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|