Subject: Re: vi install bug
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/1996 07:20:41
On Wed, 29 May 1996, matthew green wrote:

I have seen the vi installation problems mentioned below as well. My
explanation is that some of us succeeded in sup'in a new nvi and then
one day later lost it again because of the sup server's shift from
giving us current to giving us 1.2-in-progress sources.

Maybe the person working with vi should verify that the intended
version of vi is in the 1.2 branch of the cvs tree.

regards
Erik Bertelsen

..
..
..    Last night I tried to do a snapshot build but unfortunately I ran into
..    this...
..
..    The makefile for usr.bin/vi contains...
..
..       .if make(install)
..       SUBDIR+=USD.doc/edit USD.doc/exref USD.doc/vi.ref USD.doc/vitut
..       .endif
..
..    And there is only a vi.ref -- the rest don't exist. Thus, the make
..    install fails. What happened to the other directories anyway?
..
.. um.. my vi/Makefile has:
..
.. .if make(install)
.. SUBDIR+=docs/USD.doc/edit docs/USD.doc/exref docs/USD.doc/vi.ref docs/USD.doc/vitut
.. .endif
..
.. which *do* exist.
..
.. there has been some weird problems with these lately, so, it maybe
.. that you need to re-sup, or, cvs update -dP and try again...
..
.. .mrg.
..
..