Subject: Re: ypserv?
To: Dante Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1996 15:10:02
> I was going to set a YP server on NetBSD-1.1, but it seems it isn't yet
> implemented.
> Is there ypserv in -current?
> Will it be implemented in 1.2?

moj@stacken.kth.se wrote one in Sep 1994 and has been
continually fixing and enhancing features on it since.
The latest version I know of is ypserv-ALPHA-960121.tar.gz.

I used the Sep version for over a year for simple passwd stuff,
and the 960121 has been running fine for 2 months now. I can't
say how well it would work when stressed heavily though since
it is only used occasionally on this system, it does offer some
nice features though which disable outside machines for getting
my passwd file (before somebody silly tries it now ;-).

You can find a copy in ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/ports/ypserv here and
the latest stuff on ftp.stacken.kth.se/moj/ypserv.

Cheerio
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"