Subject: Re: Travan tape backup
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1996 14:21:58
According to Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com:

>.  I don't know if the floppy units Just Work with the wt
>driver, though.

>From what I have seen and people I know that have had these devices
they are the spawn of an evil hardware engineer determined to make the
software people suffer as much as possible.  These things were
designed with DOS in mind - they expect to take over the entire
machine in order to meet some tight timing requirements.  Needless to
say this does not work well in a multitasking environment.  Also, data
interchange is not high on the list of design requirements so unless
you know people who have the same drive you could only use it to
backup your system.  You are much better off getting a SCSI drive or
even a QIC02 type drive, the latter is what the wt driver is for....

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.