Subject: Re: What binaries do I need for firewall?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/1996 13:29:19
VaX#n8 (vax@linkdead.paranoia.com) wrote:
: I want to set up a ppp demand-dialing firewall on a spare box here.
:
: It would save me immense effort if someone could list out the very
: minimum number of files I will need on a root partition to run it.
:
: Has anyone done this before?
:
: Ideally, it would all fit on a single 1.44MB (read-only) root disk.

Thats a tough one.

When I prepared a minimalist 386 as a router for two dedicated ppp
lines, we had 386/40, 5 MB of RAM, 40 MB of some old MFM disk.

I "just installed", using 30 MB for / and 10 MB for swap; then installed
etc10 (later etc11) and bin10 (later bin11). we had about 10 MB left for
logfiles.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis