Subject: Kerberized rlogin?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1996 21:01:48
Hi all,

Is there any reason that a kerberized version of rlogin is not included
in src/domestic? We run a kerberos shop here, except that most of our
machines only accept kerberos rlogin sessions, not kerberized telnet (or
at least they won't accept NetBSD's kerberized telnet). I noticed that
the source for rlogin in the tree has some #ifdef KERBEROS stuff commented
out; when I added it in to the Makefile, it refused to build because of
one argument mismatch flagged by -Werror and because of a missing des_rw.c
file for encrypted rlogin. I got it to compile and work by commenting
out the encryption-function-calls and by removing -Werror (of course,
encryption doesn't work).

So can this be put into /usr/src/domestic along with the des_rw.c encryption
file? (I assume someone's got des_rw somewhere...). It would be nice to
have in 1.2...

Also, is there any plan to put ksu in? It is also used heavily in our
environment.

--Aaron