Subject: Re: How to prepare boot diskket for pcmcia
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1996 11:16:41
>Sean Berry writes:
>
> >CHAN Yiu Wah writes:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am going to install the netbsd-current for a laptop. When I tried to
> >> make the kernel for pcmcia, I found that it can't fit into the
> >> kcadp-11.fs from ftp.netbsd.org
> >
> >Yup. I'm working on a fix for this.
> >
> >My only suggestion for the moment: boot a much more slimmed down
> >kernel, format the drive etc., then read another kernel, compressed,
> >off another floppy.

 I went ahead and used the kcadp floppy to boot and setup the disk, then
 copied the other kernel to a floppy from a working system.  I'd be glad to
 pass along a kernel that the ATAPI patch guy (sorry, can't remember your
 name) was nice enough to build for me with a 586, ps2 mouse, and atapi
 patch.  (dunno that pcmcia was in there tho)  Anyone know about support for
 PCMCIA 3COM 589b?  I'd be glad to hack and slash on it if I can ever get BSD
 installed on this.  :)

--
Sean Berry is a computer scientist trapped in an engineer's mind.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my