Subject: Re: How to prepare boot diskket for pcmcia
To: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1996 10:27:30
	Simple options: (assuming you have another NetBSD machine to build
	stuff on, which seems a safe assumption in your case :)

	Pick one of:

   	    a) Try to strip out as much as possible from the pcmcia kernel.
	    b) Change the distrib Makefiles to use floppy3 & 1.44mb rather
	       than the default 1.2mb.
	    c) Boot & install the default 2 floppies, then build the
	       pcmcia kernel on other machine and 'tar cf /dev/fd0a netbsd',
	       then on your laptop 'mv netbsd netbsd.old ;tar xf /dev/fd0a'.

	Option c is the simplest if possibly least elegant :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

  System Manager, Southern Studios, Box 59, London N22 1AR. +44 181 888 8949

  http://www.mono.org   ---<Monochrome>---   (** Largest UK Internet BBS **)
  http://www.netbsd.org  __/ Free Un*x on alpha,amiga,arm32,atari,hp300,i386
  http://www.openbsd.org   \ mac,mvme68k,pc532,pica,pmax,sparc,sun3,vax,x68k