Subject: Re: Problems with ccd (960413)
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1996 21:04:34
> > The implication is that your SCSI controller is failing to send the
> > command.  It could also be that the SCSI subsystem is unable to malloc()
> > storage for a data structure (note the SCSI_NOSLEEP).
>
> I doubt SCB (ahc device SCSI command block, it is like CCB on aha device)
> shortage, not memory shortage. Note that his AHA-274x only has 4 SCBs.

First, the system is not mine.  I'm just trying to "maintain" it.
The machine has 64 MB RAM, 25...30 MB of which is always free.

The problem shows up with two SCSI disks (one Micropolis and one older
Seagate 4 gig disk) but not with the two newer Seagates (which have a
newer firmware version).

> [jmartin's configuration]

No 't' in my name.. :)

Too bad I don't really know how the SCSI drivers work.  Glad that there
are people who know more than I do. :)

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---