Subject: Re: Dual SCSI problems
To: Mika Nystroem <mika@cs.caltech.edu>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/09/1996 11:47:09
>Hi guys,
>  It's me again. This time I am having SCSI problems on my dual-PCI pentium
>server. The system has been working smoothly for a month, so I guess it is
>about time for another set of problems.
>  Today, I took delivery of a nice new drive for the lab server, a
>Quantum XP34300W, wide-SCSI 4.3 GB disk. I proceeded to install it
>on the file server...

If you are using the aic7xxx driver that is in NetBSD's source tree,
it will most certainly die when you use that drive.  You should be
using the port of the FreeBSD driver that's been talked about a bit
on this list.  The problem that you are seeing was fixed in September
of last year in the FreeBSD driver.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations