Subject: Re: ed device with bus.h failes to clear shared memory
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1996 12:22:36
> You cut so much context out, I'm not sure what the exact problem
> reported here is.

Err, sorry.  I forgot how much lag this list has.

> My EISA machine is working perfectly.  The last time I supped and
> rebuilt, though, was 4/2.  Are you describing something that has
> happened since then?

My kernel of 4/5 works fine also.  Presumably the problem is triggered
by the new <machine/bus.h> stuff, since the original poster mentioned
that changing back to bzero() fixes it for him.
(the original problem being the 'ed' driver's failure to cleared shared
memory)

> bt0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11: model BT-747, firmware 3.37
         ^^^^
Uhmm??           :)  (yeah, I know what a 747 is..)

The problem appears to be machine specific, since the very same kernel
will work correctly on one machine, and fails on another.  As I have
pretty much the same hardware, except one machine was EISA, and one
wasn't, I assumed it must be relevant.  Mea culpa.

-Andrew