Subject: Re: sup service on sup.netbsd.org busted?
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@helios.mn.org>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1996 22:05:06
> > Anyone having problems supping from sup.netbsd.org?  I can reach it fine
> > using other services, but sup just times out.
> >
> 	on the other end of a T1. From the logs it looks like the sup
> 	server runs have failed the last couple of time. I would guess
> 	there is something seriously wrong. B^(.

Well the alpha-arch was updated (thats a 40MB, an 80MB and some other
large files). And every time the sup breaks halfway within a large
file the same file will begin being transferred from the beginning
on the next round. The other problem I noticed was the sup for
some inexplicable reason wanted to write a LARGE file in /var/tmp
(instead of in the same directory as #1234.sup like it used to.)
so after changing the source to use a different disk with more space
I was at last able to sup the mirror-arch from sup.netbsd.org but
it also took 3-4 days before it worked.

Maybe your unlucky or maybe you are also supping a large file
and don't have enough space on var/tmp (I only noticed because
I found complaints in dmesg :-).

Cheerio
	Andrew

--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"