Subject: Re: NFS lossage from NetBSD to SunOS
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Greg Wohletz <greg@duke.CS.UNLV.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/02/1996 12:33:21
>I've heard that suggested too (about udp_cksum in SunOS) but
>it never made any difference for me if it was on or off.
>I doubt that is the problem.

Well i  sure have.  I've experienced  both NFS file corruption and DNS
request corruption at  the hands  of  this.  BTW, the  person who said
that COMPAT_42 turns off udpcksum in netbsd 1.1  was correct.  In fact
this seems  to  be the only   thing that  COMPAT_42  does  (not  to be
confused  with TCP_COMPAT_42).  Unless there is  some  good reason for
this I'd suggest getting rid of that option, there just isn't any good
reason to ever turn off UDP checksums.

						--Greg