Subject: Re: strange file can't delete after system crash
To: None <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: None <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1996 10:00:29
   Hello,

   My netbsd-current system crash yesterday and I found that a strange file
   br-xr-sr--  1 3892868607  4294812956  110,   0 Nov 27 01:37
   svr4_utsname.h
   cannot be deleted.  Can anyone help me to remove it. After the crash I
   can vi (every time I invoked vi core dump happened). I am trying to
   rebuild the system. Any idea ? Thank you in advance.

Try running /sbin/clri on the inode (ls -i $filename should give you that
inode number).  Be sure to man clri if you don't know the syntax (which,
off the top of my head, I don't).

   cheers

   clarence
   clarence@cs.cuhk.hk

				--*greywolf;
--
Just because memory, disk and cpu speed are cheap is no excuse for
shoddy programming.