Subject: Re: Rolling in IPv6 code into -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1996 07:42:07
In <199604281319.OAA13630@genesis.domino.org>, Neil J. McRae wrote:
[INRIA IPv6]

:|I'm not 100% up on IPv6, but isn't the above a subset of the full IPv6
:|specs?

Even if .. it is better to have a subset to start tests with then nothing
at all (imho).

And for the cisco bashing .. even with underpowered cpu's they do very well.

A long time ago I had a little computer with 64 kB ram. When the textprocessor
with many features was loaded, there were still 38kB left for text. Then
with evolvement of cpu and gui and so I had another box with 512 kB ram.
After loading the textprocessor which had not more functionalty there
were about 10 kB left ... And today you need a Pentibum to just run the
gui smoothly..
Consider CIDR a hack, but this keeps the world going without the need of
upgrading every router to a 300Mhz Alpha with 1GB Ram ...

--
Heiko W.Rupp        Gerwigstr.5        D-76131  Karlsruhe    +49 721 9661524
Q:  What do you call a person who hacks while wearing no clothes?