Subject: name server problem NetBSD-current/stunos
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 04/28/1996 22:19:43
Dunno if I will get flamed for this, but I'm in trouble and....

I have this NetBSD-current box which is our nameserver.  It seems to work
ok.  I have installed a resolver fix on a sunos box.  When I try to
'nslookup' on the sunos box, I get the following message:

*** Can't find server name for address 194.100.46.2: Query refused

This is my nameserver's address.  The name is in /etc/hosts and in the
server's database.  After the message, nslookup dumps core.

I didn't have this problem when using NetBSD 1.1 as a nameserver.
Also, if I use NetBSD clients to make queries to the nameserver,
everything works well.

Please help.

  -jm

--