Subject: Re: Rolling in IPv6 code into -current
To: Kelly Campbell <camk@homer.spub.ksu.edu>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/1996 16:32:54
  > Lots of export/domestic problems with this :( Remember some of us aren't
  > in the USA...

  I don't think there are any export/domestic problems with IPv6. Otherwise,
 how
  would anyone expect the whole Internet to eventually switch over to it?
  It would kinda be against the point of creating a new standard.

Not wanting to make this list degenerate, I doubt if the suck-heads in the
NSA care shit about what happens outside the USA with the Internet.

Mind you, your more tightwad commerce department will be less than amused
if the export market for cisco/bay gear dies as we all jump ship to Euro-
sourced product with IPSEC capability. Personally, I dont mind who writes
it as long as (a) it works, (b) I can get it (c) Bill Gates doesn't make 5per.

As long as NetBSD ensures the INRIA code drops in pretty cleanly and maybe
arranges for mirroring into the NetBSD.ORG domain of the mods on a regular
basis, we'll all be happy, except for the spooks.

Out of interest, is anybody thinking of embedding ssh code in ways similar to
the s/key integration? ssh-agent has this neat-oh extra FD open to all subprocs
which provides the secret key. Undoubtedly this is less than perfectly secure
but it does prevent typing the damn thing over wires and since all SSH dataflow
thereon in is crypto on a long key, benefits acrue.

-George