Subject: Spurious routing guesses...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/23/1996 10:32:00
Has anyone else seen a problem where "route add foo bar" will choose an
interface which cannot reach bar?  For instance, we have le0 configured
to reach  I do a "route add foo", and it
selects ppp0.  ppp0, of course, does not reach the host on the local

I have existing routes through this host which work fine.

It may be that this has to do with ppp0 being convinced that it's
running, and connected to, but I can't get it to go away.
(ppp0 is already down, but keeps the "running" flag.  The pppd's running
are on ppp1 and ppp2.)